Glasco UV takes pride in packing and delivering fragile components. Sometimes, items can get damaged in transit. That is why we take great care in packing and protecting fragile UV lamps and quartz sleeves. The videos below show the materials used in our process as well as some examples of damaged shipments.
MY PACKAGE IS DAMAGED. WHAT DO WE DO?
The good news is having shipped for over 50 years, we took out insurance on your shipment. This will help us all recoup some lost money and some down time. We all want the same result and that is to have your system up and operational. Remember that broken quartz and lamps are extremely sharp and can cause severe injury or death. Also, UV lamps contain small amounts of mercury. Keeping the parts in the container will help prevent the dispersal of the mercury.
In order to collect and get your re-shipment out, we ask you to do the following:
1. Contact Glasco at email@example.com or calling 201 934-3348.
2. Take a photo of the damage and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tex to 201 785-5354.
3. Keep the broken components in the original shipping containers in case shipping company decides to go to pick up the package for inspection: this usually only occurs when the damage is over $100.
4. Concealed damages or not? Take a look at the videos below. Concealed damage means that there is no physical damage to the container, but the contents sound broken, or upon opening, found to be broken.
5. Contact name and number for where the package was received.
6. If it is no longer at that location then you must be given new address and contact information.Type your paragraph here.
We are here to help. Please note that we cannot be responsible if the procedures above are not followed.